World Solar Bank:
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) has planned to launch the World Solar Bank (WSB) at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow that is scheduled for November 2021.
- The development of the World Solar Bank will support India’s attempt to secure its leadership in the climate arena.
- The development of the bank is significant because green finance will be one of the priority themes at the climate meet called COP-26.
- COP-26 will be organized in the backdrop of the US rejoining the Paris climate accord.
- The headquarter of the World Solar Bank is expected to be set up in India.
- It will be the first multilateral development bank (MDB) that will be set up in India.
- The WSB has planned to disburse around $50 billion to the member countries of ISA over the next 10 years.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking