3rd Ministerial Meeting Over Inclusive Indo-Pacific:
The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (Quad) will hold its 3rd ministerial meeting on February 18, 2021.
- The meeting will be held to exchange their views on global and regional issues.
- It will focus on the practical areas of cooperation in order to maintain an open, free, and inclusive Indo-Pacific region.
- The 3rd ministerial meeting of the Quad members namely, India-Australia-Japan-US will involve the participation of their foreign ministers.
- They all will be presenting different agendas during the meeting.
- This meeting is the continuation of the views that were exchanged in the 2nd QUAD meeting of October 6, 2020, that was held in Tokyo.
- The first meeting of Quad was organized in the year 2019 in New York.
- The Foreign Ministers of Australia, India, the USA, and Japan will exchange their views on the global and regional issues during the meeting.
- They will also discuss the ongoing efforts of combating the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The ministers will also be discussing and addressing global climate change and other issues of mutual interest.
- It is expected that the initiative would put an end to the growing economic influence of China.
- The cooperation with Japan and other allies will help in countering the Chinese development assistance and its domination in the region including the Indo-Pacific.