Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs for Prelims | PT Exam
Today Current Affairs: 3rd December 2019 for UPSC IAS exams, State PSC exams, SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc.
1. Inner line permit(ILP)
Union Home Minister Amit Shah has assured the civil society groups that the citizenship bill would provide protection to such regions and states where the Inner Line Permit(ILP) is applicable, and autonomous administration has been granted under the sixth schedule of the constitution.
Citizenship Amendment Bill –
The citizenship amendment bill aims to make it easier for non-muslim refugees from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afganistan to obtain Indian citizenship.
What is ILP?
An inner line permit is a document that allows an Indian citizen to visit or stay in a state that is protected under the ILP system. Currently, the inner line permit is operational in three states that are Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, and Nagaland.
2. INSTEX (Instrument in support of trade exchanges).
Six countries –Belgium, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden have recently joined INSTEX.
What is INSTEX?
It is a payment mechanism being set up by the European Union to secure trade with Iran and skirt US sanctions after Washington pulled out of the landmark nuclear deal last May.
Key features of INSTEX-
- It will allow trade between the EU and Iran without relying on direct financial transactions.
- It will initially be used as non-sanctional trade, including humanitarian goods such as medicine, food, etc.
3. Operation “Clean Art”.
It is the first pan India operation to crackdown on the smuggling of mongoose hair. It ensures that the mongoose hair brush trade should be close down across the country.
Facts to know –
- Mongoose is listed in schedule II part 2 of the wildlife protection act, any smuggling of its body part is a non-bailable offense.
4. Lok Sabha passes the Taxation Laws(Amendment), Bill.
The law seeks to amend the Income Tax act 1961 was passed by the Lok Sabha on dec 2,2019.
The bill will replace an ordinance promulgated by the president in September 2019 to reduce the corporate tax rate. It will amend both the income tax act of 1961 and the finance act(no.2)act 2019.
The bill seeks to attract more investment in the manufacturing sector by bringing down corporate tax rates to 22 percent without incentives and 15 percent for new manufacturing entities.
5. The international day of person with disabilities is observed on 3 December.
- The day aims to raise awareness and develop understanding to accept people with disabilities
- The day promotes acceptance on the disabilities issues of disabled persons.
- The day aims to provide support for the better living of the disabled person
Theme – The theme for the year 2019 is promoting the participation of persons and their leadership.
6. Contribution of MSME sector in GDP over 29%.
Micro, small and medium enterprises, the ministry of this sector has contributed over 29% of GDP and over 49% of Indian exports.
The report was submitted by the union MSME minister Nitin Gadkari.
Government measures – Govt has introduced various schemed for the growth of this sector
- Cluster development program
- Credit linked capital subsidy
- Technology up-gradation scheme
- Procurement and marketing support
7. New Delhi to host 2020 National Sikh games.
The National Sikh Games will be held from 9-11 January 2020. It aims to bring sports to the heart of the Sikh community.
Points to consider–
- NSG is a replica of Australian Sikh games.
- The announcement was made by Manjinder Singh Sirsa, President of Delhi Singh Gurudwara Committee.
- NSG is dedicated to the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev.
8. The Labour Ministry announced to celebrate 30th Nov to 6th Dec as pension week.
The week focus on enrollments under Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan and National Pension Schemes for traders and self-employed person.
What is NPS ( National Pension Scheme)?
The National Pension Scheme is a social security initiative by the Central Government.
This pension program is open to employees from the public, private and even the unorganized sectors with the exception of those from the armed forces.
The scheme encourages people to invest in a pension account at regular intervals during the course of their employment. After retirement, the subscribers can take out a certain percentage. As an NPS account holder, you will receive the remaining amount as a monthly pension post your retirement.
Earlier, the NPS scheme covered only the Central Government employees. Now, however, the PFRDA has made it open to all Indian citizens on a voluntary basis. NPS scheme holds immense value for anyone who works in the private sector and requires a regular pension after retirement.
What is Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan?
The scheme is meant for old age protection and social security of Unorganised Workers (UW) who are mostly engaged as rickshaw pullers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, leather workers, audiovisual workers or in similar other occupations
- Should be an unorganized worker (UW)
- Entry age between 18 and 40 years
- Monthly Income ₹15000 or below
Other Important Daily Current Affairs
-> Parliament passes a bill banning e-cigarettes – the bill seeks to ban the use, production, and storage of e-cigarettes.
-> Agni III ballistic missile failed in night test
-> NASA finds Chandra Yaan 2’s Vikram Lander on Moon
-> Putin and Xi Xingping launched first-ever Russia-China gas pipeline also known as Siberia pipeline
-> Mumbai Central station of Indian Railways conferred with “Eat Right Station” certification with 04 Stars rating by FSSAI, The movement “Eat Right Station” is built on the pillars of food safety and healthy diet
-> Industry Minister to Inaugurate National Public Procurement Conclave, t his is a Government e-marketplace (GeM) meant to remove entry barriers for bonafide sellers and to create an e-marketplace with a wide range of goods and services.
-> Aadhaar enabled fertilizer distribution system – Under the fertilizer DBT system, 100% subsidy on various fertilizer grades is released to the fertilizer companies, on the basis of actual sales made by the retailers to the beneficiaries.
-> Emergency Response Support System (ERSS-Dial 112) is operational in 27 States/UTs
-> People and Business Community of UTs of J&K and Ladakh can now Realize Full Potential of Economy and Businesses: 63 Major Development Projects worth over Rs.80,000 Crores Under Prime Minister’s Package Being Implemented.
This was all for today current affairs