Table of Contents
Daily Current Affairs for Prelims | PT Exam
Today Current Affairs: 4th December 2019 for UPSC IAS exams, State PSC exams, SSC CGL, State SSC, RRB, Railways, Banking Exam & IBPS, etc.
1. Government to set up National Company Law Appellate Tribunal Bench in Chennai
What is NCLAT?
National Company Law Appellate Tribunal was constituted under section 410 of the companies Act,2013
- It is the Appellate Tribunal for hearing appeals against the orders passed by NCLT(s) under section 61of the insolvency and bankruptcy code,2016.
- It is the Tribunal to hear and dispose of appeals against any direction issued or decision made or order passed by the competition commission of India.
2. National Pension Scheme for Traders and Self Employed Persons.
It is a pension scheme for Vyaparis (shopkeepers/retailers and self-employed persons) with annual turnover not exceeding 1.5 crores. It has a provision for minimum assured pension of Rs 3,000/- monthly on attaining the age of 60 years.
The central govt shall give a 50% share of the monthly contribution and the rest 50% contribution shall be made by the beneficiary.
3. Blue Flag Programme.
The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has embarked upon a programme for Blue Flag Certification for selecting beaches in the country.
13 pilot beaches have been identified for the certification. This includes-Ghoghala beach (Diu), Shivrajpur beach(Gujrat), Bhogave(Maharashtra), Padubidri and Kasarkod(Karnataka), Kappad beach (Kerala) etc.
First to complete the tag- Chandrabhaga beach of Odisha’s Konark coast was the first to complete the tag certification process and will be the first in Asia to get the blue flag certification.
4. First women pilot in Navy.
Sub-lieutenant Shivangi Swaroop is the first pilot in the Indian Navy. She recently qualified as a Dornier pilot.
- Facts- Bhawana Kanth, Avani Chaturvedi and Mohana Singh are the first women pilots in the Indian Air Force.
5. India’s first Maritime Museum in Gujrat.
A national maritime heritage museum will be established at Lothal in Gujrat. It will display salvaged materials from shipwreck sites in Indian ocean waters.
6. Hornbill festival.
Nagas celebrate this festival to revive, protect, sustain and promote the richness of the nagas heritage and traditions. It occurs from 1 to 10 December on an annual basis.
The festival pays tribute to Hornbill, the most admired bird for the Nagas.
7. NHRC seeks a report on assault cases.
NHRC issued notices to the Centre, states and union territories seeking reports on the standard operating procedure for dealing with such cases and the use of the Nirbhaya Fund.
About National Human Right Commission(NHRC).
- It is a statutory organisation established under the protection of Human Rights,1993
- The purpose of the NHRC is to investigate the violation of Human Rights or failure of the state or other to prevent Human Right violation.
About the Nirbhaya Fund.
- It was established in 2013 which aimed at enhancing the safety and security for women in the country.
- It is a non-lapsable corpus fund, established by Union Finance Ministry.
8. Anaemia: About 3 out of 5 babies and children in India are anaemic.
The data is based on the findings of the National Family Health Survey (NFHS) IV says, 58.5% of children between the ages of 6 months and 59 months and 53.1% of women between the ages of 15 and 49 years are anaemic in the country.
What is Anaemia?
Anaemia means either the level of red blood cells or the level of haemoglobin is lower than normal.
Fact – Government had launched in 2018 Anaemia Mukt Bharat strategy under POSHAN Abhiyan with the aim to reduce anaemia by three percentage points every year till 2022.
9. Gangetic dolphins.
According to the data provided in the Rajya Sabha by the Ministry of Environment, at last count rivers of Assam and Uttar Pradesh respectively had 962 and 1,275 Gangetic dolphins.
The International Union for Conservation of nature has listed the Gangetic Dolphin as an endangered species in India.
10. Rajya Sabha passed the Special Protection Group(amendment bill)2019.
The bill was passed by the Lok Sabha on 27th Nov 2019. With this amendment, the SPG will provide cover officially only for the Prime Minister.
11. Himachal Pradesh approved to sell Yamuna water.
The Himachal Pradesh state cabinet approved to sign the Memorandum of Understanding MoU to sell water of river Yamuna from Maharashtra’s share at Tajewala corridor. With this decision, the state would earn Rs. 21 crore per annum.
12. Organ donation awards.
Awards are given by the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation (NOTTO) of health and family welfare ministry.
- Best state award in cadaveric organ donation was won by Tamil Nadu.
- Best performing hospital award was won by Rajiv Gandhi General Hospital Chennai.
13. Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act.
The US has passed the Uyghur human rights policy Act to stop the detainment, torture and harassment of the Uyghur communities of China.
Who are Uyghur?
The Uyghurs are predominantly Muslim minority Turkic ethnic group, whose origin can be traced to Central and East Asia. Currently where the largest population of the ethnic communities lives in Xinjiang region, which is tightly controlled by China. There are also a smaller group of Uyghur communities living in the United States, Australia, Canada etc.
14. UDAN 4.0: Government launches 4th round air connectivity scheme.
This scheme will focus on the priority regions including the Northeast, hilly states and UTs J&K, Ladakh, Lakshwadeep and Andaman Nicobar island.
Which stands “Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik” aims to make air travel affordable and widespread, the UDAN 4.0 will focus on the priority regions.
Other Important Daily Current Affairs
-> Indian Navy day is celebrated on 4th December – It is celebrated to salute the bravery of the Indian Navy during the Indo-Pak war 1971.
-> Parliament passes a bill to merge Daman and Diu, Dadar and Nagar haveli UTS.
-> India test-fires surface to surface nuclear-capable Prithvi-II missile of 350km range off Odisha coast.
-> UP wins National award of excellence for the rehabilitation of person with disabilities.
-> India and Sweden join hands to set up healthcare innovation centre In India.
-> India inaugurates its Gandhi themed pavilion in Madrid.
-> Winner of the 2019 Ballon d’Or award was announced, Lionel Messi of Argentina won the award for the 6th time.
-> Prithvirajsing Roopan selected as the president of Mauritius.
-> The human space mission Gaganyaan is targeted for December 2021.
-> PM Modi and President of Maldives jointly inaugurated development project in the Maldives via video conference.
This was all for CrackitToday’s current affairs.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking