Note:- The human mind tends to forget things and that is why even though you have read the question, your mind goes blank in the examination hall.
But not anymore. CrackitToday Cards uses a spaced repetition algorithm that is proven to be one of the best methods to remember things. It allows you to permanently remember things.
It should be used in complement with Daily Tests and Current Affairs so that you don’t forget what you have learned.
If used correctly, all the current affairs you read and the test series you attempt will be in your mind and won’t go blank in the examination hall.
The algorithm forces you to spend more effort on hard questions and less effort on those which you can easily remember, it does so while maintaining a proper interval between the attempts so that you keep revising those questions which you are most likely to forget.
How to use CrackitToday Cards
Cards are divided into 9 levels that can only be accessed on different days of the week.
- Level 1 – Available every day
- Level 2 – Available after 2 days,
- Level 3 – Available after 4 days,
- Level 4 – Available after 7 days,
- Level 5 – Available after 14 days.
- Level 6 – Available after 29 days.
- Level 7 – Available after 45 days.
- Level 8 – Available after 79 days.
- Retired Cards – Available everyday (memorised by heart)
As shown above, when attempting the cards if you tap on “easy” it will get updated to the next level and if you tap on “hard” it will directly get downgraded to level 1.
So, easier questions will move up to level 8 while harder questions will be in level 1 and around.
Combination of CrackitToday Card and CrackitToday Current Affairs + Test Series can be really beneficial for your UPSC Exam Preparation.
Use the “Add Cards” button in All Answers Page to directly add a tough question to CrackitToday Cards.
Examples of questions and answers format that can be added to Cards
Q. The 103rd amendment is related to?
Ans. EWS Reservation
Q. Who announces Rule of Law Index and what was India’s Rank
Announced by World Justice Report, India’s Rank is 69th and India has never been in top 50
Top performers Denmark Norway
Worst performers Zimbabwe and Pakistan
Covers 128 Countries across 8 sectors
Q. How is the charge distributed in lightning
Top Cloud – Positive
Middle Cloud – Negative
Ground – Positive (compared to the middle cloud)
Q. What is Occultation?
It is an event that occurs when one object is hidden by another object that passes between it and the observer.
Cards use spaced repetition technique
Spaced repetition is a learning technique that involves increasing the intervals of time between reviewing previously learned material in order to improve retention and long-term recall. The idea behind spaced repetition is that by reviewing material at progressively longer intervals, the information is more likely to be retained in long-term memory.
Here’s how it works:
- Start by reviewing the material you want to learn as often as possible, such as every day or every other day. This helps to establish the information in your short-term memory.
- As you continue to review the material, gradually increase the intervals between reviews. For example, you might review the material every other day for the first week, then every 3 days for the next week, and so on.
- As you review the material at increasingly longer intervals, pay attention to how well you are able to recall the information. If you find that you are able to recall the material easily, you can continue to increase the intervals between reviews. If you have difficulty recalling the material, you may need to review it more frequently..
Spaced repetition has been shown to be an effective way to improve memory and retention, and is often used to help people learn new languages, prepare for exams, and improve their memory in other areas.
Any fact you come across that you think is important for your exam should be added to the cards in a question and answer format. CrackitToday Cards will force you to recall this fact multiple times so as to make you remember it.
If used correctly and daily it can totally eliminate the task of making notes from the app.