Surya Namaskar : Gujrat Set a Guinness World Record
Gujarat set a Guinness World Record with over 50,000 people performing ‘Surya Namaskar’ simultaneously at 108 venues.
- The main event took place at Modhera Sun Temple in Mehsana
- Surya Namaskar also known as Sun Salutation, is a yogic practice that involves a series of 12 postures or asanas.
- The practice is said to pay respect to the sun.
- Regular practice of Suryanamaskar ensures proper and efficient functioning of not only the muscles and joints of the body but also stimulates the internal organs.
- Especially the stomach and other abdominal organs as it involves alternative stretching and compression at the abdominal area.