2nd CCTNS Hackathon And Cyber Challenge 2020-21:
The inaugural function of the 2nd CCTNS Hackathon and Cyber Challenge 2020-21 of the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) was held in New Delhi.
- This hackathon is in continuation to the Hackathon & Cyber Challenge which concluded in March 2020.
- It aimed to deepen understanding and enhance the skills of the law enforcement personnel across all ranks and files, empowering them to adopt smart strategies for effectively addressing the evolving threats.
About the 2nd CCTNS Hackathon and Cyber Challenge:
- Police officials especially those from the cutting edge level, academia, industry, students, and others are being invited to help improve existing IT applications as well as help identify new IT applications to improve the CCTNS ecosystem.
- The Mobile App: “Locate Nearest Police Station” was also launched at the function.
- This App will help various users including women commuters, interstate travelers, domestic and foreign tourists etc. especially during any emergency and has the facility to dial 112. This is another step towards improving accessibility of the police to the citizens.
- This will add to other Central Citizen Services being provided by the NCRB such as “Missing Person Search”, “Generate Vehicle NOC”, “Proclaimed Offenders Information” and various other services being provided by the State Citizen Police Portals.
Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems:
- Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS) is a planning scheme conceived in the light of the experience of a non-plan scheme namely – Common Integrated Police Application (CIPA).
- CCTNS is a Mission Mode Project under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Approx. 14,000 Police Stations throughout the country have been proposed to be automated besides 6000 higher offices in the police hierarchy.
- It was approved in 2009.