An alternative Smart Wall has been proposed to replace the physical and armed patrolling with advanced surveillance technology at the USA-Mexico border.
- Earlier in 2019, the USA declared a national emergency to fund the construction of a border wall along the USA-Mexico Border citing “invasion” of drugs and criminals from Mexico.
About Smart Wall:
- It is a collection of discrete technologies that work together to prevent illegal entry, smuggling, and all the various threats posed by a porous border.
- It uses drones, scanners, and sensors to create a technological barrier too high to climb over, too wide to go around, and too deep to burrow under.
- Using Internet-of-Things (IoT) technologies like in-ground sensors, security cameras, and software solutions, a smart wall could empower border officials with enhanced situational awareness to prevent illicit activity.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking