35th Pragati Meeting:
The Prime Minister of India recently chaired the 35th edition of Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation (PRAGATI) – the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) based multimodal platform, involving Central and State governments.
- Ten projects were taken for review involving a total investment of Rs. 54,675 crore. A review of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana was also taken.
- Launched in 2015, PRAGATI is the multimodal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation involving central and state governments.
- It has been designed by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) team with the help of the National Informatics Center (NIC).
- It enables the PM to discuss the issues with the concerned central and state officials with full information and latest visuals of the ground-level situation.
- The PRAGATI platform uniquely bundles three latest technologies: Digital data management, video-conferencing and geo-spatial technology.
- It is a three-tier system (PMO, Union Government Secretaries, and Chief Secretaries of the States).
- Grievance Redressal.
- Program Implementation.
- Project Monitoring.
- It promotes cooperative federalism as it brings together the Secretaries of the Government of India and the Chief Secretaries of the States.
- It is a robust system for bringing e-transparency and e-accountability with real-time presence and exchange among the key stakeholders.
- It is an innovative project in e-governance and good governance.