4th National Water Awards:
The Vice President of India, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, conferred the 4th National Water Awards, 2022 at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi
- 41 winners, including joint winners across 11 categories were awarded for their exemplary work in the field of water conservation and management.
- Each award winner was conferred with a citation and a trophy as well as cash prizes in certain categories.
- The Vice President also launched an animated short film on ‘Piku’, the mascot of National Water Mission for telecast on Doordarshan to spread the message of water conservation.
- The event started with the traditional ‘Jal Kalash’ ceremony.
National Water Awards:
- The first edition of the National Water Awards was introduced by the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation in 2018.
- They have provided a good opportunity for start-ups as well as leading organizations to engage and deliberate with senior policymakers on how to adopt the best water resources management practices in India.
- These awards have been instituted to recognize and encourage exemplary work and efforts made by States, Districts, individuals, organizations, etc across the country in attaining the vision of a ‘Jal Samriddh Bharat’.
- It covers 11 categories Best State’, ‘Best District’, ‘Best Village Panchayat’, ‘Best Urban Local Body’ etc.
- The award winners in different categories will be given a citation, trophy and cash prize.
- The cash prizes for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rank winners are Rs.2 lakhs, Rs.1.5 lakhs, and Rs.1 lakh, respectively.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Jal Shakt