60th Public Enterprises (PE) Survey 2019-20:
The 60th Public Enterprises (PE) Survey 2019-20 was released by the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE), Ministry of Finance.
- It is the single largest source of information on Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and acts as a basis for informed policy making.
- The government has reallocated the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) to the finance ministry from the ministry of heavy industries.
About Public Enterprises (PE) Survey:
- PE Survey is a 100% enumeration of the CPSE universe. It captures essential statistical data for all CPSEs on various financial and physical parameters.
PE Survey divides CPSEs into five sectors namely:
- Mining & Exploration,
- Manufacturing, Processing & Generation,
- Enterprises Under Construction.
- The Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) started bringing out the Public Enterprises Survey from the financial year 1960-61 on the recommendations of the Estimates Committee of the 2nd Lok Sabha, 73rd report (1959-60).
About DPE And CPSEs:
- DPE is the nodal department for all the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and formulates policy pertaining to CPSEs.
- According to DPE, CPSEs mean those Government companies, besides Statutory Corporations, wherein more than 50% of the share in equity is held by the Central Government.
- The subsidiaries of these companies, if registered in India, are also categorized as CPSEs.
- It does not cover departmentally run public enterprises, banking institutions and insurance companies.
- CPSEs are classified into 3 categories namely Maharatna, Navratna and Miniratna.
- Presently, there are 10 Maharatna, 14 Navratna and 74 Miniratna CPSEs.