70th Foundation Day Of EPFO:
Union Minister for Labour & Employment, Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Shri Bhupender Yadav recently inaugurated the 70th Foundation Day of EPFO(Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation)
- It was established in 1952.
- It is under the administrative control of the Union Ministry of Labor and Employment.
- It is tasked to assist the Central Board of Trustees in implementing the following three schemes for the workforce engaged in the organized sector in India:
- EPF Scheme 1952;
- Pension scheme 1995 (EPS); and
- Insurance scheme (EDLI).
- It is also the nodal agency for implementing Bilateral Social Security Agreements with other countries on a reciprocal basis.
- In 2014, union government launched Universal Account Number (UAN) for Employees covered by EPFO to enable PF number portability.