7th Edition Of India Water Week:
President Droupadi Murmu recently inaugurated the 7th edition of India Water Week.
- It was conceptualized and organized for the ﬁrst time in 2012.
- It is an initiative of Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of lndia
- The theme of the 7th India Water Week is ‘Water Security for Sustainable Development and Equity’.
- The function is organised by the ministry of water resources, river development and Ganga rejuvenation in an effort to raise awareness and conserve and use water resources in an integrated manner.
- The event will address the issues of sustainability of water resources development and management in line with the sustainable development goals.
- Denmark, Singapore and Finland are the partner countries for IWW 2022.