Asia Pacific Forum On Human Rights : Conference
The President of India inaugurated Annual General Meeting and Biennial Conference of the Asia Pacific Forum on Human Rights in New Delhi.
- Asia Pacific Forum was founded in 1996.
- It has created a strong and united platform that brings together National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) from all corners of the Asia Pacific.
- It addresses some of the most serious human rights challenges in Asia Pacific region.
- It has 17 full members and eight associate members.
- India has been a full time member since 1996.
- To be admitted as a full member, a National Human Rights Institution must fully comply with the minimum international standards set out in the Paris Principles.
- National Human Rights Institutions that partially comply with the Paris Principles are granted associate membership.
- Decisions about the admission of new members to the APF are made by the Forum Council.
- A fundamental goal of the APF is to promote the establishment of independent NHRIsin the Asia Pacific region and to support our members to do their work as effectively as possible.