General Crop Estimation Survey Portal:
The secretary of the Department of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (DA&FW) launched the mobile application and the web portal for GCES (General Crop Estimation Survey).
- General Crop Estimation Survey Portal and mobile application have been designed to transform agricultural practices across the nation.
- It has been developed by Department of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
- It has been developed for leveraging technology to enhance the reach, scope, and outcome of government actions in the course of development.
- The automation of the GCES process will ensure on time reporting of crop statistics and accuracy of the data.
- The portal and the app provide a comprehensive repository of yield estimation including village wise GCES plan and plot details where the crop cutting experiments are conducted, post harvesting crop weight and driage weight of the crop.
- It is one of the key features of the mobile application, which enables the primary worker to draw the boundary of the experimental plot and upload photos of the plot as well as of the crops through it.
- This feature will ensure transparency and accuracy of the data as well.