Cyber Security Exercise “Synergy”:
Computer Emergency Response Team – India (CERT-In) successfully designed & conducted the Cyber Security Exercise “Synergy” for 13 Countries as part of the International Counter Ransomware Initiative.
- The exercise was conducted as part of the International Counter Ransomware Initiative- Resilience Working Group which is being led by India under the leadership of National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS).
- Synergy is a Cyber Security Exercise which is successfully designed & conducted by CERT-In in collaboration with Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA).
- The exercise scenario was derived from real life cyber incidents, in which a domestic level (limited impact) ransomware incident escalates to a global cyber security crisis.
- Each State participated as a National Crisis Management Team having composition from different government agencies including National CERTs/CSIRTs, Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA), Communication & IT/ICT Ministry and Security agencies.
- To Assess, Share and Improve strategies and practices among Member-States to build network resiliency against ransomware & cyber extortion attacks.
- Theme: Building Network Resiliency to Counter Ransomware Attacks.