Beti Bachao Beti Padhao:
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao will now be extended across the country.
- BBBP is the Centre’s flagship programme (under the Women and Child Development Ministry) for women’s empowerment, which focuses on the education of girls child and improving the sex ratio.
- It was launched in January 2015 to address sex-selective abortion and the declining child sex ratio which was at 918 girls for every 1,000 boys in 2011.
- It is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- The programme is operational in 405 districts at present.
- WCD ministry published comprehensive guidelines for Mission Shakti.
- Aim for zero-budget advertising ( nearly 80% of the fund has been used for advertising in BPPP)
- Encouraging greater spending on activities that have an on-ground impact such as:
- promoting sports among girls
- self-defence camps
- construction of girls’ toilets
- making available sanitary napkin vending machines and sanitary pads, especially in educational institutions
awareness about PC-PNDT Act.