Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated India’s biggest Drone Festival – Bharat Drone Mahotsav 2022. The Prime Minister also gave away 150 drone pilot certificates.
- Several industry leaders, government officials, foreign diplomats, representatives from Public Sector Units, private companies and drone start-ups are participating in the Mahotsav.
- They will deliberate upon India’s Civil Aviation sector.
- PM Modi highlighted the importance of drone technology in the fields of defence, disaster management, agriculture, tourism, film and entertainment. He said that the use of this technology is bound to increase in the coming days.
- Appreciating the use of drones in PM-SVAMITVA scheme, he said, 65 lakh property cards have been generated with the help of drones.
- Drone industry in India is estimated to achieve 15 thousand crore rupees turnover by the year 2026.
- He also narrated the use of drones in his official decision making through examples of PRAGATI reviews and Kedarnath projects.