Bijli Utsav : By REC
Bijli Utsav’ was organised by REC Ltd in Gujarat as a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
About Bijli Utsav:
- Speaker sessions by utility officials highlighting the consumer rights of electricity, benefits of electricity and the challenges faced during electrification in remote areas and how the quality of life improves with access to power.
- Engaged villagers and children in quiz competitions
- Nukkad Nataks were performed
- Distribution of LED bulbs as gifts to winners.
- It is an NBFC focusing on Power Sector Financing and Development across India.
- It is a Maharatna company under Ministry of Power.
- Established in 1969, it provides financial assistance to state electricity boards, state governments, central/state power utilities, independent power producers, rural electric cooperatives and private sector utilities.
- It is a Nodal Agency for Government of India’s flagship schemes viz. Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana (SAUBHAGAYA), Deen Dayal Upadhaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) and National Electricity Fund (NEF).
- REC’s funding illuminates every fourth bulb in India.