Buland Bharat Exercise:
Indian Army recently conducted the ‘Buland Bharat’ exercise in the longest high-altitude Artillery Ranges of the eastern theatre.
- Buland Bharat Exercise is an integrated surveillance and firepower training exercise conducted by the Indian Army.
- It was conducted in the recently operationalised longest High Altitude Artillery Ranges of Eastern Theatre located in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The exercise involved the synergised application of surveillance and firepower capabilities of the Artillery and the Infantry in close coordination with Special Forces, Aviation, and Central Armed Police Forces deployed in West Kameng and Tawang districts of Arunachal Pradesh.
- The exercise validated plans for bringing down integrated firepower by orchestrating synchronised firing by artillery guns and fire support components of the Infantry aimed toward the destruction of designated targets.
- The month-long training culminated in the test exercise in which troops and equipment were tested in simulated war conditions in the high-altitude area and extreme weather conditions.
- Synergised surveillance and firepower from Infantry and Artillery radars, weapon systems and direction of fire from the air were practised during the exercise.
- Uninterrupted communication on multiple media was also tested at long distances.