Antonov AN-32 Aircarft:
India recently donated propellers of the Antonov AN-32 military transport aircraft to Sri Lanka.
- Antonov AN-32 is a twin-engined turboprop military transport aircraft.
- It is designed and manufactured by the Antonov Design Bureau of Ukraine.
- It was purchased by India from the erstwhile Soviet Union in 1984.
- Its Nato reporting name is Cline.
- The AN-32 can be operated at high-altitude airfields (up to 4500 m above sea level) and in a hot climate, making the aircraft suitable for tactical military transport or other evacuation operations.
- It can carry a maximum weight of 27 tons at a maximum speed of 530 km/h.
- 42 paratroopers or 50 passengers or 24 Casualties on a stretcher with three medical personnel.
- It also has a limited bombing role and is used for para-trooping operations.