The Ministry of Rural Development has launched a new initiative called “Captive Employment” under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) program.
- Captive employers are any Employer or Industry that provides employment to candidates in their own organization or one of its subsidiaries and has suitable in-house training facilities.
- It aims to train and place more than 31,000 rural youth in their own establishment or subsidiary companies.
- The trained candidates are assured post-training placement of a minimum of six months with a minimum CTC of Rs 10,000/-. The program is expected
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana:
- Launched in 2014
- Ministry: Under Rural Development
- Part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM)
- Objective is to Demand-led skill training aimed at rural poor youth between 15 and 35 years of age. Mandatory coverage of socially disadvantaged groups (SC/ST 50%; Minority 15%; Women 33%). The emphasis is on Career Progression rather than just training.