Centralised Laboratory Network (CLN) : India a Member
India has recently become a member of the Centralized Laboratory Network (CLN), a global collaboration aimed at testing vaccines during pandemic and epidemic disease outbreaks.
- The CLN, which is part of the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI), consists of 15 partner facilities from 13 countries.
- The primary objective of the CLN is to conduct rigorous testing of potential vaccines during pandemics and epidemic outbreaks.
- By establishing standardized methods and materials, the CLN ensures that vaccine candidates are evaluated rapidly and accurately, identifying the most promising options for further development
- CLN plays a crucial role in supporting CEPI’s mission to accelerate the development of vaccines against emerging infectious diseases.
- By standardizing testing procedures, the CLN facilitates efficient evaluation and comparison of vaccine candidates, aiding CEPI in identifying the most viable options.