Swachh Jal Se Suraksha Campaign Report:
Report detailing the advancements made during the Jal Jeevan Mission: Swachh Jal se Suraksha (SJSS) Campaign.
- The Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) focused on the crucial aspect of providing a safe water supply.
- The key considerations under JJM is “Supply of Safe Water.”
- This underscored the importance of ensuring that every household receives water that is free from contamination and meets the prescribed quality standards.
- One of the significant achievements of the SJSS Campaign was the extensive water quality testing conducted in villages.
- A remarkable 5.39 lakh villages, accounting for 89.69% of the total, reported testing for chemical parameters, while 4.47 lakh villages (74.46%) underwent testing for bacteriological contamination, particularly post monsoon.
- The SJSS Campaign emphasized the testing of drinking water samples in schools and anganwadi centres.
- A total of 6.58 lakh schools (67.63%) and 7.16 lakh anganwadi centres (67.43%) had their water samples tested, ensuring the provision of safe drinking water to young learners.
- Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and Madhya Pradesh emerged as the best performing states, showcasing their dedication and effectiveness in implementing the SJSS Campaign.