Centre Of Excellence On Sustainable Land Management:
The Union Minister inaugurated Centre of Excellence on Sustainable Land Management at Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) in Dehradun
- The establishment of the CoE-SLM was announced by the Prime Minister of India during the 14th Conference of the Parties (COP-14) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) in September, 2019.
- Aims is:;
- to set Land Degradation Neutrality (LDN) targets,
- Develop drought risk and early warning systems,
- Mainstream gender considerations,
- Promote good governance of land tenure and rights,
- Assess the impacts of land degradation on greenhouse gas emissions and biodiversity loss.
- To facilitate the restoration of degraded land through technical support, capacity building, and knowledge sharing at the national and sub-national levels.
- To promote South-South Cooperation and address land degradation issues through sustainable land management practices.