Chheligada Irrigation Project:
5T(Team work, technology, transparency, transformation and time ) secretary-cum-secretary to the Odisha Chief Minister recently directed officials to begin construction of the multipurpose irrigation project at Chheligada.
- Chheligada Irrigation Project is a multipurpose medium project being undertaken across river Badjhore, a tributary of river Vansadhara near the village Chheligada in the Gajapati District of Odisha.
- The Project envisages the construction of a 250m long & 30m high dam across the river Badjhore with a central spillway.
- After this Project, 5201 hectares metres water can be preserved and water can be supplied for irrigation of 5760 hectares of land in Ganjam and 500 hectares of land in Gajapati districts.
- This Project will also provide drinking water to Brahampur City.
- Additionally, 36 MW of electricity can be produced through a mini hydel project in three places Shiali Loti, Kankata and Dekili in the Gajapati district.