New Vaccines Approved:
India has cleared two more covid vaccines and one pill.
- The two latest vaccines approved by drug regulator CDSCO are Corbevax and Covovax.
- CORBEVAX vaccine is India’s 1st indigenously developed RBD protein sub-unit vaccine against COVID19, Made by Hyderabad-based firm Biological-E.
- The Nanoparticle Vaccine, COVOVAX, will be manufactured by Pune-based firm Serum Institute of India.
- The anti-viral drug approved is Molnupiravir.
- With this approval, the number of Covid vaccines which have received emergency use authorisation in the country has increased to eight.
- So far six COVID-19 vaccines — Serum Institute’s Covishield, Bharat Biotech’s Covaxin, Zydus Cadila’s ZyCoV-D, Russia’s Sputnik V and the US-made Moderna and Johnson and Johnson — have received emergency use authorisation from the Indian drug regulator.