Crohn’s Disease : New Way To Treat
A recent study suggests that a two-drug combination may offer a new way to treat inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease.
- Crohn’s Disease is a type of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- It is a chronic, or long-term condition that causes inflammation in the digestive tract.
- It is not clear what causes Crohn’s disease.
- Experts suggest that it may stem from an abnormal reaction of the immune system.
- Although it typically starts in childhood or early adulthood, Crohn’s disease can develop at any age.
- Inflammation caused by Crohn’s disease can involve different areas of the digestive tract in different people, most commonly the small intestine.
- The most common symptoms of Crohn’s disease are diarrhoea, cramping and pain in your abdomen, anaemia, altered appetite, and weight loss.
- There’s no known cure for Crohn’s disease, but therapies can greatly reduce its signs and symptoms.