Dairy Sahakar Scheme:
Shri Amit Shah, Union Minister of Home Affairs and Cooporation launched the “Dairy Sahakar” scheme at Anand, Gujarat, during the function organised by Amul for celebration of 75th Foundation Year of Amul.
- The Dairy Sahakar with a total investment of Rs 5000 crore will be implemented by NCDC under Ministry of Cooperation, Government of India to realize the vision, “from cooperation to prosperity”.
- Under it, financial support will be extended by NCDC to eligible cooperatives for activities such as bovine development, milk procurement, processing, quality assurance, value addition, branding, packaging, marketing, transportation and storage of milk and milk products, exports of dairy products within the overall objectives of “Doubling the farmers income”.
- There will also be a convergence with various schemes of Government of India and / or of State Government/UT Administration/ Development agencies/ bilateral/multilateral assistance/ CSR mechanism is encouraged.
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying under Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India is also implementing various schemes for development of the Animal Husbandry and dairy sector.
- This Dairy Sahakar will supplement the existing efforts for strengthening the dairy sector in the country.