DISHA Meeting To Review Progress On Centrally Sponsored Schemes:
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh presides over a DISHA meeting to review progress on various Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS) being implemented in the Kishtwar district.
- Kishtwar in Jammu and Kashmir has emerged as North India’s power hub with a series of active power projects, in total expected to generate more than 6000 Mega Watt of electricity.
- District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committees (DISHAs) have been formed to ensure better coordination among all the elected representatives in Parliament, State Legislatures and Local Governments (Panchayati Raj Institutions/Municipal Bodies) for efficient and time-bound development.
- It is a government-wide initiative that seeks to promote participative governance and deliberative democracy.
- DISHA seeks to achieve this by facilitating a quarterly review of all development activity at the district level.
- The Chairperson of a DISHA committee is the senior most Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) elected from the district and nominated by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- DISHA committee meetings will be held on a quarterly basis and will be attended by all elected representatives and officials from the district.
- District Collector is responsible for convening the meeting and ensuring effective and timely follow up