Eat Right Station Certification:
Bhopal Railway Station has been awarded a 4- star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for providing high-quality, nutritious food to passengers.
- The 4-star rating indicates full compliance by the station to ensure safe and hygienic food is available to passengers.
- The ‘Eat Right Station’ certification is awarded by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) to railway stations that set benchmarks in providing safe and wholesome food to passengers.
- The station is awarded a certificate upon a conclusion of an FSSAI-empanelled third-party audit agency with ratings from 1 to 5.
- The certification is part of the ‘Eat Right India’ movement.
- Other Railway Stations with this Certification: Anand Vihar Terminal Railway Station; (Delhi), Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus; (Mumbai), Mumbai Central Railway Station; (Mumbai), Vadodara Railway Station, Chandigarh Railway Station.
Eat Right Movement:
- It is an initiative of FSSAI to transform the country’s food system in order to ensure safe, healthy and sustainable food for all Indians.
- Its tagline is ‘Sahi Bhojan, Behtar Jeevan’.
- It is aligned to the National Health Policy 2017 with its focus on preventive and promotive healthcare and flagship programmes like Ayushman Bharat, POSHAN Abhiyaan, Anaemia Mukt Bharat and Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Eat Right India adopts a judicious mix of regulatory, capacity building, collaborative, and empowerment approaches to ensure that our food is suitable both for the people and the planet.