First Edition Of “Upnext India 2023”:
Inaugurated the first edition of “Upnext India 2023” (Reverse Buyer Seller) meet
- It is organized by AEPC and supported by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry under the Market Access Initiative (MAI) Scheme
- MAI is an Export Promotion Scheme. The scheme aims to act as a catalyst to promote India’s exports on a sustained basis.
- The scheme is formulated on the basis of the product and country focus approach.
- It will evolve specific markets and specific products through market studies/surveys.
- Reverse Buyer Seller Meet is to provide an opportunity for prospective importers (Buyers) to interact with their Indian counterparts (sellers) about the requirements, instead of sellers going to buyers to sell their products.
- Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) : Incorporated in 1978, AEPC is the official body of apparel exporters in India that provides assistance to Indian exporters as well as importers/international buyers who choose India as their preferred sourcing destination for garments.