G20 Sherpa Meeting 2022:
The G-20 Sherpa meeting will be held at Udaipur in Rajasthan from December 5 to 7.
- This will be the first G20 Sherpa Meeting in India.
- The meeting is aimed at fostering growth and building bonds amongst the twenty nations.
- The Sherpa Meeting of the G20 Summit is a preliminary meeting of the government representatives before the main G20 Summit.
- Here the representatives of the member nations hold discussions to firm up possible agreements.
- The final decisions are taken at the G20 summit by the Heads of States.
- Ahead of the main G20 Summit, the Sherpas meeting ensures that the time and resources required at the time of negotiations of the larger heads of state at the final summit are minimized.
- The former CEO of NITI Aayog, Amitabh Kant is the G20 Sherpa from India.