Grievance Redressal Index:
UIDAI tops the Grievance Redressal Index for the second consecutive month.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), releases a grievance redressal index on monthly basis.
- UIDAI’S grievance redressal ecosystem comprised of UIDAI HQ, its Regional Offices, Technology Centre, and contact centre partners. It enables UIDAI to resolve around 92% of grievances within a week.
- UIDAI is gradually rolling out an Open-Source CRM solution, which enables it to support multi-channels like phone calls, email, Chatbot, web portals etc for lodging, tracking and resolving grievances.
- It has launched IVRS services in 12 languages.
- UIDAI was founded in 2009 but became a statutory body in 2016 under the Aadhar act.
- It is mandated to assign a 12-digit unique identification (UID) number (Aadhaar) to all the residents of India.
- It comes under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology.