GRIHA Exemplary Performance Award 2022:
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) headquarters in New Delhi has won the prestigious GRIHA Exemplary Performance Award 2022.
Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA):
- UIDAI believes in and promotes the idea of recycling and reusing to reduce carbon footprint.
- It has been harnessing solar power to meet a portion of its energy consumption.
- It is recycling and reuses water and has been adhering to sustainable waste management practices.
- GRIHA is the national rating system of India for any completed building construction.
- It was jointly set up by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- Objective: To help design green buildings and help evaluate the ‘greenness’ of the buildings.