Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP):
The Minister for Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) recently said more than 5,000 internships have been offered under the TULIP.
The Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP):
- TULIP is a programme for providing internship opportunities to fresh graduates in all Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) and Smart Cities across the country.
- The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education (MoE) and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) has developed this programme.
- At the State level, TULIP will be supported by the Urban Development departments in providing a clear roadmap for the ULBs/smart cities to adopt TULIP in their respective organisations.
- Duration: Internship durations can range from eight weeks to one year.
- TULIP Enhanced employability through “learning by doing” and opportunity to co-create innovation for cities.
- TULIP interns would get exposure in a large number of areas including but not limited to urban planning, urban design, different branches of engineering, information and technology, mobility, finance, social sector issues and environmental issues.
- Strengthen institutional capacity of the urban ecosystem and youth engagement towards urban initiatives, creating an ecosystem wherein youth can contribute towards building a liveable city.
- Skilled, high-quality workforce and innovative citizen-centric solutions that help them address critical challenges.