Gulf Business Summit:
Delegates from 33 companies from Hong Kong, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia arrived in Srinagar to instill and gauge the growing situation in Jammu & Kashmir for investments and will also see that the MoUs amounting to Rs. 3,000 crores, signed earlier this year, are utilized properly.
- Gulf Business Summit will be attended by the delegates with the aim of discussing the exploration of investment opportunities in various sectors across Jammu & Kashmir.
- For the first time a Saudi Arabia-based investor has shown interest in business opportunities in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The government of Jammu & Kashmir had signed MoUs in the month of January with various UAE–based companies such as Lulu, Emaar, Al Maya Group, MATU Investments, Century Financial, GL Employment Brokerage LLC, Noon e-commerce, etc.
- Near about 16,000 kanals which is equivalent to 1,999.9 acres of land bank have been opened so that investments can be done in Kashmir.
- As there is a huge significance of Jammu & Kashmir as a major tourism hub, the delegation will also be visiting tourist destinations such as Pahalgam and Gulmarg, to explore business opportunities in these places.
- In this summit, pitch presentations of start-ups, exporters, and women entrepreneurs will be conducted.
- An overview of the silk and cottage industries along with product displays and meets with artisans have also been planned.