Guru Teg Bahadur : Tribute
The Prime Minister of India paid tributes to Sri Guru Teg Bahadur on his martyrdom day
- Guru Teg Bahadur’s name earlier was Teyag Mal.
- He was the ninth of ten Gurus of the Sikh religion.
- His father and the sixth Guru of Sikhs, Guru Hargobind Sahib (1595-1644) changed the name to Teg Bahadur.
- He got his name from his fighting and sword skills on the battlefield.
- He built the city of Anandpur Sahib.
- Here the last two Sikh Gurus lived and where Guru Gobind Singh founded the Khalsa Panth in 1699.
- He contributed more than 100 poetic hymns to Granth Sahib which cover various topics, such as the nature of God, human attachments, body, mind, dignity, service etc.
- He was instrumental in the conciliation between Raja Bishan Singh and Raja Paranpal, thus avoiding a war.
- He was first arrested by the Mughals on the orders of Aurangzeb in 1665.