Shaikh Hassan Khan Climbed Mount Vinson:
Kerala government employee Shaikh Hassan Khan has climbed Mount Vinson.
- Mount Vinson is the highest mountain in Antarctica.
- It rises 4,892 metres (16,050 feet) above sea level.
- It is part of the Sentinel Range of the Ellsworth Mountains, near the Ronne Ice Shelf.
- There are five other tall mountains in the same area as Mount Vinson—the next five highest summits on the continent of Antarctica which are collectively referred to as Vinson Massif.
- It is located about 1,200 kilometres from the South Pole, one of the coldest places on Earth.
- Ellsworth Mountains are the mountain ranges in Antarctica.
- They are forming a 360 km (224 mi) long and 48 km (30 mi) wide chain of mountains in a north to south configuration.
- They are bisected by Minnesota Glacier to form the Sentinel Range to the north and the Heritage Range to the south.