Haryana Government’s Parivar Pehchan Patra Scheme : Update
The Haryana government’s Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP) and IT-based welfare schemes will be displayed at the first Anti-Corruption Working Group meeting under the G20 Summit in Gurugram.
- Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP) Scheme was launched by the Haryana Government in 2015.
- The primary objective of PPP is to create authentic, verified, and reliable data of all families in Haryana.
- PPP identifies each and every family in Haryana and keeps the basic data of the family, provided with the consent of the family, in a digital format.
- Under the scheme, a unique identity card called Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP) is launched through which the state government aims to monitor all the families living across the state.
- Under PPP, each family is considered a single unit.
- Each family will be provided an eight-digit Family Id.
- The Family ID will be linked to the Birth, Death, and Marriage records to ensure automatic updating of the family data as and when such life events happen.
- A family has to register itself on the PPP portal to avail the benefits of social-security schemes of the state government.
- PPP scheme makes citizens able to take benefits of government schemes and services by sitting at home through online medium.
- It also brings transparency to the system and eliminates middlemen so as to stop ineligible people from taking advantage of any scheme.