National Tiger Conservation Authority : Recorded 30 Tiger Deaths Within 2 Months
According to National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA), India has recorded 30 tiger deaths within 2 months into 2023.
- National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change (MoEFCC).
- It was established in 2006 under Wildlife (Protection) Act 1972.
- Providing statutory authority to Project Tiger so that compliance of its directives become legal.
- Fostering accountability of Center-State in management of Tiger Reserves by providing a basis for MoU with States within the federal structure.
- Providing for an oversight by Parliament.
- Addressing livelihood interests of local people in areas surrounding Tiger Reserves.