Hindustan 228-201 LW:
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) recently approved a new variant of the Hindustan 228-201 LW aircraft developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- It is a passenger aircraft developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
- It has a maximum take-off weight of 5695kgs with 19 passenger seating capacity.
- The aircraft would fall in the Sub-5700 kg aircraft category.
- It has reduced pilot qualification requirements enabling pilots with a commercial pilot license to fly the aircraft.
- Enhanced availability of a pilot pool for the aircraft.
- Reduced operational cost.
- Reduced training requirements for flying and ground crew, including aircraft maintenance engineers.