ICGS C-453 :
The Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICG) named C-453 was commissioned into services in Chennai on February 19, 2021. This was the 17th interceptor boats out of the 18 which are being indigenously built by Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
- It is a 27.80-m-long interceptor boat.
- The boat has a displacement of 105 tonnes.
- It can attain a maximum speed of 45 knots (85 kmph).
- It is capable to undertake the multifarious tasks such as surveillance, close-coast patrol, interdiction, and search & rescue.
- It will also provide assistance to the boats and craft in case of distress at sea.
- It comprises of the advanced navigation and communication equipment.
- The ship is commanded by Assistant Commandant Animesh Sharma.
- Interceptor boat will be based in Chennai under operational control of Commander of the Coast Guard Region (East).
- Functions of the interceptor boat
- The ship will be deployed to do surveillance of the Exclusive Economic Zone and other duties in accordance with the Coast Guard Charter. This will help in safeguarding the maritime interests of India.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking