National Toy Fair:
The first-ever National Toy Fair will be starting on February 27th, 2021. The festival will conclude on March 2, 2021. It will be organized in a virtual format.
- During the event, the Centre for Creative Learning (CCL), which is based in IIT Gandhinagar, will showcase its 75 toy creations at the fair.
- IIT Gandhinagar is the only IIT in the country which is running this centre for creative learning.
- The CCL helps in developing the scientific temperament in the students and teachers by developing various scientific and educational toys.
About the toy fair
- The toy fair is being organized by the Ministry of Textiles.
- Ministry of Education and ministry of commerce & industry has also associated to organise the fair.
- This virtual toy fair will be organized with the aim to provide joyful learning for the children.
- It will engage the children in teaching, learning and promoting the indigenous toy industry.
- Some of the toys that CCL will showcase includes:
- The robot made using a DC motor.
- Hydraulic JCB controlled using syringes.
- Periscope to look beyond the wall.
- Explaining textbook trigonometry through a sine wave car.
- Easy learning of geometry through lamps.
- The fair would also showcase 75 exhibition stalls of the Ministry of Education, National Council for Educational
- Research and Training (NCERT), State Council for Educational Research and Training (SCERT) and Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL).