MoU Signed Between India And Japan:
The Union Cabinet is apprised of an MoU signed between National Atmospheric Research Laboratory (NARL), Dept of Space, Government of India and Research Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere (RISH), Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan for Academic and Research Cooperation and Exchange in November 2020.
- This MoU shall enable NARL and RISH to continue their cooperation in areas of atmospheric science and technology.
- This MoU would lead to mutual utilization of facilities such as the Middle and Upper atmosphere (MU) radar in Shigaraki, Japan, the Equatorial Atmosphere Radar (EAR) in Kototabang, Indonesia, etc.
- NARL and RISH have been collaborating in the area of atmospheric science and technology as well as the exchange of scientists.
- This arrangement was formalised in 2008 through an MoU which was renewed in the year 2013.
- A fresh MOU to promote collaborative research, as per the new guidelines, was signed in November 2020 by both sides and exchanged.