Indian Mini Satellite-1 : ISRO
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) announced that it began transferring IMS-1 Satellite Bus technology to Alpha Design Technologies.
- Indian Mini Satellite-1 was developed by the UR Rao Satellite Centre of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- It is a small satellite platform designed to enable low-cost access to space.
- The IMS-1 bus weighs about 100 kilograms and can carry a 30-kilogram payload.
- The solar arrays onboard generate 330 watts of power.
- It comes with four reaction wheels with a 1 Newton thruster that is good for pointing accuracy with an accuracy threshold of 0.1 Degrees.
- It was used in previous ISRO missions like IMS-1, Youthsat and Microsat-2D.
- It would enable low cost access to space by providing dedicated platform for payloads for earth imaging, ocean and atmospheric studies, microwave remote sensing and space science missions with a quick turnaround time.