India’s First Bauxite Certified Reference Material:
National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) and Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) have jointly developed India’s first Bauxite Certified Reference Material (CRM) named BARC B1201.
- This is the fifth CRM of its kind in the world.
- A Bauxite Certified Reference Material (CRM) is a standardized sample of bauxite that has been certified to have a known and consistent composition.
- CRMs are used as calibration standards for analytical methods, instrument performance evaluation, and data quality control in routine analysis of bauxite.
- The use of CRMs ensures the accuracy and reliability of analytical results and facilitates inter-laboratory
- National Aluminium Company Limited (est. 1981; HQ: Bhubaneshwar) is a government company having integrated and diversified operations in mining, metal and power under the ownership of the Ministry of Mines.