The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has launched IndiaSkills 2023-24 and commended the World Skills Competition (WSC) 2022 winners.
- IndiaSkills 2023-24 is a skill development competition which aims to foster and enhance the skills of individuals in various domains, preparing them for national and international skill competitions.
- IndiaSkills is the precursor to the WorldSkills competition. Participants who will excel in IndiaSkills at the national level will take part in the global event WorldSkills.
- The program underlines the importance of developing employable skills that align with market needs, increasing the acceptance of the workforce within the industry.
- It aims to identify and bridge skill gaps by emphasizing the mapping of skills needed in the industry, reducing the disparity between degrees earned and practical skills acquired.
- Equal emphasis is placed on competencies, applied knowledge, and hands-on training to prepare individuals to lead effectively in the 21st century.