INS Sandhayak: Decommissioned:
INS Sandhayak, the Indian Navy’s oldest Hydrographic Survey Vessel was decommissioned at Naval Dockyard in Visakhapatnam after serving the nation for 40 glorious years.
- INS Sandhayak undertook over 200 major hydrographic surveys.
- The ship also took part in important operations like
- Op Pawan in Sri Lanka, 1987,
- Op Rainbow for Humanitarian Assistance in the aftermath of the Tsunami in 2004 and
- the maiden Indo-US HADR Exercise Tiger-Triumph in 2019.
- The Sandhayak-class survey ships are a series of eight vessels built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata and Goa Shipyard, Ltd., Vasco for the Indian Navy.