Jalabhishekam Water Conservation Campaign:
The Union Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh, inaugurated 57,000 water structures under the “Jalabhishekam Water Conservation Campaign” on February 11, 2021, virtually from New Delhi.
- These water structures were constructed in Madhya Pradesh.
- The Water conservation work is being carried in Madhya Pradesh by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan with the participation of the public in it.
- The conservation work will help to achieve the goal of water conservation and build a self-reliant Madhya Pradesh.
- The Defence Minister highlighted that the ‘Jalabhishekam’ Campaign is fulfilling the aim of ‘water for every farm and work for every hand’.
- The campaign would be helpful in the betterment of the villages.
- The campaign becomes significant in the light of climate change.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking